Our volunteers are a crucial component to our organization and are partners in creating enriching, exciting, and delightful experiences for our patrons.
The HPO creates a safe, welcoming, appreciative, and fun atmosphere for our volunteers. We make every effort to ensure each volunteer goes home feeling proud of their role and like they’re contributing to the greater good of Hamilton’s professional orchestra.
HPO volunteers are:
- Ambassadors of the HPO at concerts and in the community
- Interested in music and helping their city’s cultural sector an
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn new things
- Reliable and punctual
- Professional, courteous, and respectful in their behaviour
- Properly trained through the orientation session at the start of the season
- Able to commit to a minimum of five concerts per season
- Possess great customer service and interpersonal skills
- Proud to be a representative of the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra
Benefits of Volunteering
The HPO is grateful to all of the individuals who volunteer their time and resources to help support classical music in Hamilton! Some of the benefits our volunteers receive including the opportunity to meet new people, engage with and support orchestral music, and receive two free tickets to an HPO concert. Volunteers also receive a discount to purchasing additional HPO concert tickets, are invited to attend one rehearsal in the season and get a behind-the-scenes look at how an orchestra is run!
To join our Volunteer Roster email your resume and a letter of interest to Heather Hollis or by calling 905‑526‑7756.