Medical Emergencies and First Aid
- A medical professional is present at all HPO concerts. Please contact an usher is this service is required.
- Please refrain from quiet conversations, whispers, talking, singing, coughing, humming, tapping to the music, turning pages, leaning forward in your seat and unwrapping cellophane-wrapped candies during the concert. These activities disturb the performers as well as other audience members.
- Please turn off your cell phones, pagers, watch alarms and any other device that makes noise before entering the Great Hall.
- Cameras and other recording devices are prohibited in the auditorium, but please feel free to take photos in the lobby area.
- Out of respect to all patrons and performers and to maintain musical continuity, latecomers will be admitted into the auditorium by an usher during an appropriate break in the performance.
- Patrons who leave the Great Hall during the performance will be re-admitted during a suitable break.
- Children aged 5 and older may attend any HPO concert with a ticket purchase
- As with any patrons, ushers will ask parents to take disruptive children out of the auditorium.
- We regret that we cannot admit children under 5 years of age into an HPO concert at FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place).
- The HPO Box Office (10 MacNab St. S.) is open on weekdays from 9:30am – 4:30pm. Tickets may also be purchased 24 hrs a day on online at hpo.org.
- The FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) Box Office (1 Summers Lane) is open three hours prior to HPO concerts.
- Tickets may also be purchased at the FirstOntario Box Office (101 York Blvd.) Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm and Saturday from 9:30am – 1:30pm.
Special Needs Services
- Wheelchair accessible seating is rear orchestra accessible by ramp or elevator and is available by calling the HPO Box Office at 905.526.7756.
- Washrooms and facilities are fully accessible.
- Special arrangements for the blind and visually impaired can be made for most performances. Patrons with a valid CNIB card may purchase one full-price seat and receive a complimentary seat for their companion by calling the HPO Box Office at 905.526.7756.
- For patrons with hearing aids, Sennheiser Assistive Listening headphones are available at FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) at no charge. Please contact an usher if this service is required.
- There is limited parking available at FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) accessible by Summers Lane or King Street. Additionally there are numerous public parking lots within the immediate area.
- FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place) is well serviced by public transit including HSR, Burlington Transit and GO Transit.
Bars and Concessions
- There are bars located on the orchestra level, piano nobile lounge and first balcony of FirstOntario Concert Hall (formerly Hamilton Place). Pre-order service allows patrons to pre-order and pay for their intermission drinks without having to stand in line.
- Only bottled water is permitted in the Great Hall for HPO concerts only explicitly stated otherwise.
Programming is subject to change without notice. There will be no refunds, credits or adjustments made to your ticket price in the event of a concert change.