Inspire a future of orchestral excellence in Hamilton.
Thank you for considering a donation to the HPO. Donors provide funding that enables us to bring enriching and exhilarating orchestral experiences to everyone in our community. With your support, we take the thrill of orchestral music further.
It’s easy to donate to the HPO. There are a just few things to consider before you make your gift.
1. What gift amount should I make?
Gifts of any amount are welcome! Any gift over $25 will receive a tax receipt, and gifts of $150 and more entitle you to a number of benefits to enhance your experience as an audience member.
Associate (Up to $499)
• Recognition in all programs of our mainstage concert series
• Quarterly donor updates from the Executive Director and Music Director
• Recognition in our Annual Report
• Tax receipt
Supporter ($500 to $999)
• NEW! Invite a friend with two complimentary concert tickets for an Off the Mainstage performance of your choice in the season
• An invitation to our Annual General Meeting
Leader ($1,000 to $2,499)
• Access to the exclusive Conductor’s Circle Lounge pre-concert and during intermission
• Invitations to Conductor’s Circle events throughout the season
• An invitation to bring a friend to a mainstage rehearsal in the season
Patron ($2,500 to $4,999)
• NEW! An invitation to meet the musicians throughout the season
Visionary ($5,000 to $9,999)
• An exclusive lunch invitation with Composer-in-Residence Abigail Richardson-Schulte
• An invitation to a private lunch with Music Director Gemma New
2. How do I make my donation?
You can make your donation by any of the following methods.
- Click on the donate now button
- Download, complete and mail this form to Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, 10 MacNab Street South, Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y3.
- Call Gerry Custeau, Administrative Assistant, at 905-526-1677, x221, during regular office hours, and she’ll take your credit card information over the phone.
- Download, complete and mail this form with your cheque to Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, 10 MacNab Street South, Hamilton, ON L8P 4Y3.
Structured payment plans:
- To make a larger gift over a period of time, we can create a payment plan just for you. Call Gerry Custeau, Administrative Assistant, at 905-526-1677, x221 to make arrangements.
Gifts of shares, securities or other assets:
- Your financial advisor can help you decide the kind of customized giving that’s right for you. If you’re ready to make a gift, call Gerry Custeau, Administrative Assistant, at 905-526-1677, x221 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements.
Gifts of bequests:
- Through your Will, you can give personal property or assets to the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra. A bequest may be for a specific amount or percentage of your estate. When you donate in this method you become a member of the Legacy Circle, and will receive recognition in our House Programs, as well as receive invitations to special events and receptions. Please contact Gerry Custeau, Administrative Assistant, at 905-526-1677, x221 or email email@example.com to discuss your gift and recognition.
3. Can I direct my gift to a specific fund or program?
Yes, you can direct your gift to three different funds.
When making your donation to the Hamilton Philharmonic Orchestra, you will be asked to choose the fund you would like your gift directed to.
Annual Fund: This is the most important fund to the organization. Funds are directed to the entire operations of the orchestra supporting all of our outstanding professional orchestral activities with acclaimed soloists, musicians and conductors from across Canada as well as from our own community. Your donation directly impacts artists as well, by helping us work with emerging as well as established Canadian talent.
HPO Annual Gifts: Providing over 30% of the HPO’s $1.2 million budget, the annual fund is integral to a vital and healthy orchestra. Our annual fund supporters join a rich musical community and help ensure that classical orchestral music flourishes in our community. You can give cash or a non-cash asset such as securities or real estate and receive a donation receipt for your gift. Help support a wide variety of HPO activities knowing that your gift goes to work the moment it is given.
Capital Fund: The fund recognizes the need for continual maintenance and replacement of capital assets like specialty instruments and stage equipment.
Charitable Registration # 890430093 RR0001