Marketing and Communications Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Job Summary: The Marketing and Communications Coordinator is responsible for planning, administering and evaluating programs that meet or exceed attendance and ticket revenue goals for orchestra events and maximizing the visibility of the orchestra, consistent with HPO policies and long-range objectives. As such, the Marketing and Communications Manager will plan and market all marketing activities, including but not limited to: public relations (media, program books and newsletters); advertising (print, electronic, social and media); merchandising and/or revenue-generating activities including corporate and/or group sales.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with creative agency to ensure the production of all materials used to support the orchestra’s public relations events and marketing campaigns, including subscription brochures, print ads, posters, signs, electronic media advertising copy, telemarketing scripts, press releases, newsletters, program book, annual report, and special promotions. Ensure the quality, consistency, and accuracy of all orchestra communications
• Write and edit copy for all communication vehicles
• Manage all aspects of social media activity, including maintenance of HPO website
• Work closely with Marketing team, in establishing positive contacts with local media outlets and in conveying an image consistent with organization’s objectives
• Implement aspects of season subscription and renewal campaigns, including direct mail and telemarketing. Monitor the progress of all campaigns; provide progress reports and analyses
• Assist in the implementation of a year-round sales campaigns
• Conduct audience and market research as needed; develop strategies based on survey analyses. Provide statistical and demographic information to the orchestra as requested.
• Monitor and report on the progress of sales and marketing campaigns, and work with Marketing team to adjust plans when necessary
• Work with Marketing team to identify organizational and market trends that may cause significant problems or present new opportunities for orchestra; recommend a course of action or changes in the current operating plan that takes this information into account
• Work with Marketing team to develop and recommend coordinated packaging to achieve maximum sales
• Attend concerts and productions to act as liaison to the media and public; oversee the distribution of tickets to press and VIPs; participate in artist hospitality as requested
• Assist in the planning and development of special public relations events and new subscriber activities
• Develop and maintain relationships with local business and arts leaders to enhance orchestra’s marketing and public relations efforts. Work to enhance public understanding of and support for the unique role of the orchestra in the community
• Attend civic and cultural events in the community; represent the HPO by speaking at public events as requested
• Assist in HPO’s outreach to the community and ethnic groups through the promotion of outreach concerts, disbursement of complimentary tickets, etc
• Keep abreast of recent research on marketing techniques; maintain a collection of current resource materials
• Perform other duties as assigned by Executive Director
• Marketing/Communications or related degree/diploma qualified
• One to three years experience in Marketing and/or Communications
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong copy writing skills required, including efficiency and accuracy
• Proficiency in WordPress, MailChimp and social media platforms preferred
• Experience managing websites and social media content preferred
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Knowledge of orchestral music or the arts considered a strong asset
Please send your resume and cover letter by email to Diana Weir at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until end of day May 19, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this role but only those selected for interview will be contacted. Thank you.